Survey says… You’re all normal! Your problems are normal! And y’all want some more sex! And that’s normal!
I thought I’d share the results of the survey I sent y’all on the first of the month. If you didn’t fill it out and want to, you can find it here.
If you don’t want to read the words, you can watch the video on YouTube.
Otherwise, here are the results!
- Thus far, 79.5% of survey taker are men. Now, I know that’s not the real demographics of the readers, as Google Analytics tells me about 55% of site viewers are women. I have some opinions about why I think this stat got so skewed that I share in the video.
- According to the survey, the largest age demographic is 50-64, followed by 35-49 year olds, but again, Google Analytics says the average viewer is a bit younger than this.
- Most of you are married or with a live-in partner, although more clicked “It’s complicated,” then I’d like to see, but let’s face it, often times it is complicated.
- Your favorite three ways to consume information online are, in order from the top, blogs/articles, YouTube, and podcasts. That means you should all follow my YouTube channel (I’ll do a giveaway once it gets to 100!) and you may be pleasantly surprised to learn that I start recording a new podcast with my Quora friend, Mohamed, next week. We’re going to try this French-man-American-woman vibe and see how it works out.
- A full 41% of you follow along because you love me. Thank you!! I love you, too!!
Good Things About Your Relationships and Sex Life
Most of you had really good things to say about your relationships. Some of you are married to your best friends. Some of you get along great. Lots of women out there having multiple orgasms (this was mentioned by the men way more than the women, so they’re enjoying your pleasure, ladies!!).
I also noticed that some of you are having the best sex of your life. #fistbump. That’s awesome! And exactly what I want to hear!!
Survey Shows What You’re Struggling With
This list is pretty extensive, but there were a few prevalent themes. Communication, not enough sex, women not initiating sex, and women’s lack of sex drive were mentioned over and over again. By both sexes. So at least y’all are recognizing the same issues! That’s a good thing, as it means, in general, both sides of the relationship agree on what the problem is. And I hope I’ll eventually be able to help at least some of you find solutions that work for you.
Anyway, here are some of the things readers would like to improve or change about their relationships:
- Mismatched sex drives
- Not enough sex
- Want more variety
- More experimentation
- Medical and health issues
- Physical limitations (bad knees and such)
- Lack of stamina
- More oral sex
- Anal sex
- More foreplay (even men said this)
- More playful sex
- Have more fun during sex
- No desire
- Not enough time
- Not working on “us”
- Wanting to use more toys
- More erotic sex
- Have a threesome
- Relax more
- Stop being so shy
- Speak up about wants
- Watch porn together
- Share fantasies
- Help partner have better orgasms
- Longer love sessions
- More exploring
- Improving more quality time
- More spontaneity
- Fear of asking for what I want
- Concerns about being “normal” regarding sex and what one finds attractive
- Trust issues
- Relationship not balanced
- Unbalanced life responsibilities (men, if you’re not doing the dishes sometimes, you should be!)
Where We Go From Here
So, first off, thank you all for sharing your lives with me and taking my survey. I learned a lot and hope that I can turn it around to give y’all what you need.
I’m hoping to devote much of March’s content to communication, which will include ways to initiate sex. Thinking I may even try to do a mini course or something in this area. Something a little more hands-on and personal, if you know what I mean.
As always, if there’s something on your mind, something you want to know more about, or a problem you’re having that you think I may have an insight into, don’t hesitate to reach out. You can drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check Your Email!
I sent out the first batch of emails for those who said they’d like to discuss a problem and get some personalized advice. It’s from the above email address, so it may not have made it to your primary inbox. I’ll be sending out the second round next week. So, again, if you dropped your email address with a request in the survey, keep your eyes open for an email.
Alright folks. That’s it for tonight! Have a good one and go kiss your partner.
PS: If you’re not already subscribed, sign up for my newsletter and get your weekly dose of Molly right in your inbox!